A princess cut moissanite diamond is a versatile style which can be complementary in a variety of settings and styles. While princess cuts offer many benefits, it is important to consider personal preferences, lifestyle and budget before making a decision on an engagement ring. Princess cut diamonds are a popular choice for engagement rings because of their modern and sophisticated look. They are square or rectangular in shape, with pointed corners and stepped facets that create a brilliant sparkle.The decision to buy an engagement ring is a personal one and ultimately depends on the preferences and tastes of you and your partner. If you are considering a princess cut engagement ring, here are some factors to consider:
Pros of a princess cut engagement ring:
- Versatile style: The square or rectangular shape of a princess cut diamond is versatile and can complement a variety of settings and styles.
- Sparkle: The numerous facets of a princess cut diamond create a high level of sparkle, making the diamond appear larger and brighter.
- Cost-effective: Princess cuts are typically less expensive per carat than round cuts, making them a cost-effective option for those on a budget.
- Symmetry: Princess cuts have a uniform shape, making them a good choice for those who appreciate symmetry and balance in their jewellery.
- Durable: The pointed corners of princess cuts are less prone to chipping compared to the more delicate emerald cut, making them a more durable option.
Cons of a princess cut engagement ring:
- Requires high clarity: The sharp edges and corners of princess cuts can highlight any inclusions or blemishes, making it important to choose a diamond with high clarity.
- Can appear smaller: Princess cuts have a smaller surface area compared to round cuts of the same carat weight, making them appear smaller.
- Can be sensitive to pressure: The pointed corners of princess cuts can be sensitive to pressure, making it important to handle the ring with care to avoid damage.
Ultimately, the pros and cons of a princess cut engagement ring will depend on personal preferences, lifestyle, and budget. Consider these factors carefully before making a decision.
To look after a Princess Cut ring, follow these steps:
- Clean it regularly: Clean the ring regularly with a soft cloth to remove any dirt or oil buildup.
- Avoid harsh chemicals: Avoid exposing the ring to harsh chemicals such as bleach and ammonia.
- Store properly: When not in use, store the ring in a soft cloth or a jewellery box to prevent scratches.
- Professional cleaning: Have the ring professionally cleaned every few years to maintain its shine and sparkle.
- Handle with care: Avoid rough activities that may damage the ring, such as heavy lifting or playing sports with it on.
By following these steps, you can keep your Princess Cut ring looking beautiful and sparkling for years to come.